Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Experimenting with Babies Book Review

When I told my mom that I got my husband a book with science experiments to perform on your baby she said, "You mean to perform with your baby." I said, "No, on." Then I sent her the link to this book: Experimenting with Babies: 50 Amazing Science Projects You Can Perform on Your Kid


Ever since we found out we were pregnant I noticed that everyone and everything is focused on mom and baby. Poor dad gets left out all the time. Buying my husband this book is just one of the ways I am trying to help him feel more involved and interested in "baby stuff" by making infants seem fun to him. 



 As you can see, the pictures are just black and white outlines, so it lacks some of the interesting color and humor that Show Dad How has. But, this book is meant to be scientific! It is really cute, fun and easy to follow anyway.



The experiments in this book are meant to test your baby's motor, cognitive, behavioral and language development in fifty different entertaining ways. It suggests ages when the experiments should work and starts right out with newborns and continues on to about two years old. I'm excited to see how this helps with daddy-baby bonding time. 

Do you have any more questions about this product? Do you think the new dad in your life would appreciate this gift? Share your thoughts in the comments below!